Permits will be made available starting July 1st of each year. Please use your university email address when creating a parking account. Each permit will need to be assigned a different license plate. When purchasing a permit, an initial permit must be purchased before a user can purchase additional or replacement permits. Please review parking regulations and policies prior to ordering a permit.
There are three types of parking permits:
- Commuter: For students who do not live on campus. Students in the College of Professional Studies should order a permit if they are going to be on campus during the hours of enforcement. Cost is $50 for the initial permit.
- Residential: For students who live on campus. Cost is $100 for the initial permit.
- Staff/Faculty: For employees of the university including graduate assistants.
Visitors must obtain a temporary permit in advance or from the front desk of the building they are visiting and then place the permit on the dash on the passenger side, after which you may park in any C designated lots.
Additional permits cost $15 per permit and can only be ordered after the initial permit has been ordered. Each account can have up to three additional vehicles assigned.
There is a $5.95 fulfillment fee for all permits ordered online.
Permits should be installed on the outside of the rear windshield, lower left corner (drivers side). The location should be cleaned of all debris and dirt. The location must be dry before sticking the permit to the glass.
Terms and Conditions
Please be sure you have read and understand the terms and conditions below before applying for a parking permit. You will be asked to acknowledge and agree to them before you are able to complete your parking permit registration form.
Indiana Tech shall assume no liability or responsibility for theft, damage, or loss that may occur during use of parking facilities or services. Individuals choosing to park at Indiana Tech do so at their own risk. If you accept a permit under false pretenses you will be subject to citation and/or removal of privileges. Permit fees are non-refundable regardless of enrollment or employment status.
All parking permits are issued by the authority of Indiana Tech and remain the sole property of Indiana Tech. Applicants may purchase only permits designated and assigned to their user category and some may include quantity limits.
For information concerning the specifics of Indiana Tech parking permits (i.e. eligibility, classification, rules, and regulations) contact Student Affairs at 260.422.5561, ext. 2443 or ext. 3438.
- Annual permits must be fully affixed to the exterior lower drivers side rear windshield.
- Permits should be clearly displayed and visible in its entirety.
- Window glass should be wiped clean with a dry cloth before installation.
- Permits are non-transferable to another party and valid only on vehicles to which they are assigned. Additional vehicles will require either a temporary permit or a permanent permit affixed.
- Lost or stolen permits must be reported by contacting Student Affairs.
Upon completion of your application, your enrollment or employment status with the university will be verified as well as the address you submit. Permits are mailed to you based on the address you submit. If the address does not match what is currently in our database, you may be asked to submit a change of address to the university. The only exception is if you are an on-campus student and have the permit mailed to your residential address.
While driving on any university owned or managed property, individuals must comply with all vehicle laws of the state of Indiana, ordinances of Allen County, and Indiana Tech regulations. Unauthorized motor vehicles are prohibited on any surface not designated as a road or driveway and violators will be cited. If necessary, Indiana Tech reserves the right to revoke parking privileges.