Permits will be made available starting July 1st of each year.
If you have not already created an account with thepermitstore, please see “Create a Parking Account” below.
All student and employee vehicles on campus should have a current valid permit while parked on campus.
If you encounter any issue in ordering a permit or otherwise need assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the issue you are having in the subject line.
Review parking regulations prior to ordering a permit.
- Commuter: For students who do not live on campus. Students in the College of Professional Studies should order a permit if they are going to be on campus during the hours of enforcement.
- Staff/ Faculty also order a C permit.
- Residential: For students who live on campus.
- Temporary Permits: Once checkout is complete, a temporary permit will be available to those who order a permit. For students who need a temporary permit due to vehicle trouble or new vehicles, please continue below. Visitors may be issued temporary permits as detailed on the campus parking page.
Create a Parking Account
If you have not created a perking account, please go to indianatech.thepermitstore.com and select the “Account” tab in the upper right hand side. From here, please select “create a new account” and complete the form. After successfully creating an account, go back to the account tab to modify vehicles, addresses, and other information. Please have your current mailing address, vehicle information, Indiana Tech ID number, and Indiana Tech email address available.
If you are attempting to reset a lost password, please select the account tab and then the retrieve password option.
Residents wanting their permit delivered to on-campus housing should go to https://housing.indianatech.edu/faq/ to find the dorm mailing address format.
Permits should be installed on the outside of the rear windshield, lower left corner (driver’s side). The location should be cleaned of all debris and dirt. The location must be dry before sticking the permit to the glass.
- Visitor parking and temporary permits are issued at no cost.
- Residential and Commuter student parking is $75.00 for the school year. Permits will need to be ordered using the link above.
- Replacement/ Additional Permits will be $15.00 with an additional $5.95 fulfillment fee.
The initial parking permit will be charged to all student accounts for those attending on-campus classes, annually.
A student who opts-out of a parking permit will not be able to order a parking permit or park a non-permitted vehicle on campus. If a student attempts to gain a permit after opting-out, they may have the parking fee reinstated. Non-permitted vehicles on campus may be subject to citation or tow, at the owners expense.
To opt-out of the fee and waive the ability to park on campus, please email email@example.com. Students will receive a waiver via email that will need to be acknowledged. Please use your student email account when emailing parking.
Lost or Vandalized Permit
If a permit is lost, report the loss to firstname.lastname@example.org. If a permit is vandalized or stolen, report the incident to Safety & Security as soon as possible.
If at any point during the academic year, you need a permit for a temporary vehicle, you may request a temporary permit from Safety & Security.
If you are planning to change vehicles, the new vehicle should be added to your permit store account before requesting a replacement permit. Replacement permits should be ordered from the permit store, under the additional/ replacement permit type.
Up to three vehicles can be added to an individual user’s account.
Temporary license plates can be used as a license plate until your permanent plate arrives. Once the permanent plate is on your vehicle, you will then be able to log into your parking account and update the information.
All parking permits will be distributed to the address you indicate at the time of applying. Be sure to take into consideration whether to have your permit sent to your summer-home address or your university address. Temporary permits (valid for 30 days from approval date) should be displayed on the dash on the passenger side until your permanent permit arrives. Temporary permits are provided by The Permit Store at the completion of your online order.
There is no current requirement for motorcycles to have a permit.
Warrior Park does not require a parking permit.
Terms and Conditions
Please be sure you have read and understand the terms and conditions below before applying for a parking permit. You will be asked to acknowledge and agree to them before you are able to complete your parking permit registration form.
While driving on any university owned or managed property, individuals must comply with all vehicle laws of the state of Indiana, ordinances of Allen County, and Indiana Tech regulations. Unauthorized motor vehicles are prohibited on any surface not designated as a road or driveway and violators will be cited. If necessary, Indiana Tech reserves the right to revoke parking privileges.
All parking permits are issued by the authority of Indiana Tech and remain the sole property of Indiana Tech. Applicants may only purchase permits designated and assigned to their user category and some may include quantity limits.
For information concerning the specifics of Indiana Tech parking permits (i.e. eligibility, classification, rules, and regulations) contact email@example.com.
- Annual permits must be fully affixed to the exterior lower drivers-side rear windshield.
- Permits should be clearly displayed and visible in its entirety.
- Window glass should be wiped clean with a dry cloth before installation.
- Permits are non-transferable to another party and valid only on vehicles to which they are assigned. Additional vehicles will require either a temporary permit or a permanent permit affixed.
- Lost permits should be reported by contacting parking.
- Stolen or vandalized permits should be reported to Security.
Indiana Tech shall assume no liability or responsibility for theft, damage, or loss that may occur during use of parking facilities or services. Individuals choosing to park at Indiana Tech do so at their own risk. If you accept a permit under false pretenses you will be subject to citation and/or removal of privileges. Permit fees, once a permit is ordered, are non-refundable regardless of enrollment or employment status.