All faculty, staff, and students with a vehicle on campus between the hours of 8am-4pm Monday through Friday must have a parking permit. There are three types of student parking permits:
- Commuter: For students who do not live on campus. Cost is $60.
- Residential: For students who live on campus. Cost is $120.
- Premium: For students who live in Warrior Row A, B, and C or Yergens-Rogers Hall and wish to park in lots adjacent to those buildings. Cost is $180.
There is an additional $5.95 fulfillment fee for all permits.
If a permit is lost or stolen you are required to report the loss and apply for a replacement online. Any cost for the replacement permit will be explained at the time of application.
All parking permits will be distributed to the address you indicate at the time of applying. Be sure to take into consideration whether to have your permit sent to your summer home address or your university address. Temporary permits may be printed once your application is approved if needed and then displayed in your windshield until your permanent permit arrives. If driving a car temporarily due to rental, loan, or repairs, you are required to obtain a short term permit from the buildings and grounds office which will be issued at no charge upon verification of a valid current permit.
At no time, should students or staff park in any marked visitor space.
Terms and conditions
Please be sure you have read and understand the terms and conditions below before applying for a parking permit. You will be asked to acknowledge and agree to them before you are able to complete your parking permit registration form.
Indiana Tech shall assume no liability or responsibility for theft, damage, or loss that may occur during use of parking facilities or services. Individuals choosing to park at Indiana Tech do so at their own risk. If you accept a permit under false pretenses you will be subject to citation and/or removal of privileges. Permit fees are non-refundable regardless of enrollment or employment status.
All parking permits are issued by the authority of Indiana Tech and remain the sole property of Indiana Tech. Applicants may purchase only permits designated and assigned to their user category and some may include quantity limits.
For information concerning the specifics of Indiana Tech parking permits (i.e. eligibility, classification, rules, and regulations) contact Buildings and Grounds at 260.422.5561, ext. 2138.
- Permits must be fully affixed to the front window in the lower corner farthest removed from the driver’s position. This location is the passenger side, front windshield, in the lower right corner.
- All permits must be fully affixed to the windshield, clearly displayed and visible in its entirety. (Do not laminate or place on plastic with suction cup.)
- If the face of the permit becomes dirty, the permits may be washed with soap and water. Let the permit dry naturally for 5 minutes before reapplying.
- Permits are non-transferable to another party and valid only on vehicles to which they are assigned.
- Lost or stolen permits must be reported by contacting Buildings and Grounds.
Upon completion of your application, your enrollment or employment status with the university will be verified as well as the address you submit. Permits are mailed to you based on the address you submit. If the address does not match what is currently in our database, you may be asked to submit a change of address to the university. The only exception is if you are an on-campus student and have the permit mailed to your residential address.
While driving on any university owned or managed property, individuals must comply with all vehicle laws of the state of Indiana, ordinances of Allen County, and Indiana Tech regulations. Unauthorized motor vehicles are prohibited on any surface not designated as a road or driveway and violators will be cited. If necessary, Indiana Tech reserves the right to revoke parking privileges.
I certify that I have read and understood the above statements. I accept the responsibility to comply with all of Indiana Tech Rules and Regulations, all of which are subject to change without notice. I acknowledge that I will be held accountable for my actions and I understand that non-compliance may result in a citation, forfeiture of parking privileges, and/or impoundment of my vehicle(s).