Bomb Threat: How to Respond
Most threats are received over the phone but it could also be a note or suspicious package.
- Call Security (or 911 if it seems imminent) as soon as you are able, or have someone else do it
- Security Office Phone Number – ext. 2230 or 260.399.2805
- Security Cellphone Number – 260-740-6642
- If the threat is over the phone, use the below checklist and do not hang up the phone unless you have no other choice.
- If the threat is a note, email, or text message
- Take the evidence to security as quickly as possible
- Do not damage or delete
- If the item is a suspicious package
- Back away from the area and tell others to stay back
- Contact Security immediately
- Evacuate the area
- Pull the fire pull handle to allow others to calmly evacuate. Do not shout that there is a bomb threat to avoid panic.