The Campus Security Act requires colleges and universities to:
- Publish an annual report by October 1 each year that contains three years of campus crime statistics and certain campus security policy statements;
- Disclose crime statistics for the campus, public areas immediately adjacent to or running through campus, and certain non-campus facilities and remote classrooms. The statistics must be gathered from campus security, local law enforcement, and other university officials who have “significant responsibility for student and campus activities”;
- Provide “timely warning” notices of those crimes that have occurred and pose an ongoing “threat to students and employees”;
- Disclose in a public crime log “any crime that occurred on campus or within the patrol jurisdiction of the campus security department and is reported to the security department.”
The Indiana Tech departments of buildings and grounds and security are responsible for preparing and distributing this report. We work with other departments and agencies, such as the Office of Student Affairs and the Fort Wayne Police Department, to compile the information.
The links below provide crime statistics for each of Indiana Tech’s locations as downloadable PDFs:
- Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne Fire Data
- Northern Kentucky (Fort Wright)
For a printable version of the complete safety report with crime statistics, download the PDF.