Campus Safety and Security
We strive to make Indiana Tech a safe, secure, welcoming environment for learning and working. To support and promote campus safety and security:
- We have very thorough and effective crisis management plans for our campus locations:
- Our security guards are on staff 24 hours a day, and we also have implemented extra security on weekends.
- Our crisis management team meets regularly and also after any crisis or emergency to discuss what went right and wrong, and what could have been done differently.
- Code blue stations that can be use to notify local police as well as campus security in emergencies are located strategically throughout the Fort Wayne campus.
All students, employees, and guests should promptly report criminal incidents, accidents, and other emergencies to the local police and Indiana Tech security.
In case of an emergency, dial 911 from any phone.
Indiana Tech Security is also available and can be reached at:
- On-campus: Ext. 2230
- Office: 260.399.2805
- Mobile: 260.740.6642
In non-emergencies, contact the local police department at the number below to report incidents:
- Elkhart: 574.294.7142
- Evansville: 812.436.7896
- Fishers: 317.773.1282
- Fort Wayne: 260.427.1222
- Greenwood: 317.882.9191
- Huntington: 260.358.2308
- Indianapolis: 317.327.6600
- Jeffersonville: 812.283.6633
- Kendallville: 260.347.0654
- Louisville: 502.574.7111 or 502.574.2111
- Mishawaka: 574.258.1678
- Munster: 219.836.6970
- Northern Kentucky: 859.356.3191
- Plainfield: 317.838.3562
- Warsaw: 574.372.9511
In Fort Wayne, individuals may also report incidents in person at the main security office inside of the Pierson Center.
At the Fort Wayne campus, the university has installed emergency two-way call stations (blue light phones) throughout campus for use during emergencies. By pressing the red button on the stations, users can communicate directly with campus security. The location of the station is digitally displayed to the security officer.